Monday, February 3, 2014

Sundays in Guatemala City

We had a great opportunity this past Sunday to visit a church plant in Ciudad Quetzal. It is an area just on the edge of the city. There are several hundred thousand people that live there. Allysa and Allison were able to sing (in Spanish of course) and did a wonderful job. Pray for us as we look for a place to serve as a family while we develop the discipleship end of the ministry.

Living here is much different than the U.S., but much more different than Mexico too. The culture, climate, traffic and attitude are very different. We are finding out too that the cost of living is way more than Mexico. By that we are thankful for all of you that give for us to minister here. In the days ahead we will grow in our work here and also pray for our support to increase. Pray for us to live by faith and also be willing to do whatever it takes to reach this city.

The harvest is ready. We look forward to bringing fruit to our Lord that will about even unto you.

Praises:
-We were able to get all the van paperwork done!
-Safety in our daily life here.

Prayer:
-We have to still open a bank account. We are now paying nearly 100-150 USD in bank fees a month, just to withdraw funds!
-Initial ministry location. We are praying between two places, Ciudad Quetzal and Peronia.
-Vehicle. Yes, we did get our van but I have already seen we must have a small car to minister effectively and go into a lot of the places being low key is imperative.
-Focus. This is a repetitive request but needed. We need to not be overwhelmed and honed in on His will 100%.

We appreciate all your prayers and love!

Bob y Tessa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi to you all..good to read your blog. Glad you got to attend a church and that the girls got to sing. I am sure they were a blessing to those who heard them. Make sure you tell the children hello for me and that I love them. Are you going to have to get a smaller car? I know that you will adjust and make the best of where God put you. He is faithful to his children. God bless you for a willing heart to go.
God has given a blessing my way and I am thankful for his faithfulness to me. Tessa I pray for you a little extra. lol don't tell anyone, especially Bob. lol I miss you all and hope you are liking your home OK. Glad the kids are doing well in school. I love you all and wanted to say hi. Today is 2/3/14 Bye for now

Sherlyn said...

I am so excited for you! You are wonderful with children and this is an amazing opportunity. I know you can meet this challenge and I am praying for you. I love you.

Momma