Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The reason we are here.

Sometimes I often wonder, in the midst of 'ministry life', what in the world I am doing here! Sorry to let you down, but I am just a human being like the next guy.

Today was a special day. I was able to do a discipleship lesson with two very special people; Berta and Rogelio. Berta is 72 and her husband is 84. About 5 months ago they accepted Christ.

As we finished the lesson today, Berta wept bitterly. She said in her sweet Spanish words, "Lord Jesus, I begged you for a long time to get me into a church. I did not know where or how. Thank you Lord, for allowing me to be part of La Comunidad. Thank you for sending the pastors to my home and telling us about Jesus...".

Then, it hit me like a freight train: Do you know how many people accept Christ after age 50? 70? 80 years-old? Not many. If God only brought us here to help see these dear people accept Him and grow in His grace, it is all I could ever ask for.

May God use this to show you and I that even though we don't understand the road we travel, we must be close enough to Him to have the faith to follow. You never know, your own Berta and Rogelio could be right around the corner.

When most peoples live are winding down, theirs is just beginning... they will be baptized June 30th.

No comments: